[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #4741 Allo

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #4741 Allow Scheme functions to be called inside of markup
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 15:08:42 +0000

Well, I've taken a look. The problem here is that to "do this right", we'd need a separate scheme function argument list parser for markup mode, and if we had that it would make no sense to maintain the current markup command argument list parser.

So this would imply a whole lot of work. The feature is useful as it stands but when used with markups/markup lists, the syntax will likely become different once "proper support" is implemented.

That would, however, take about a man-month of work. I don't know when I'll feel confident to commit to that.

In the mean time, this stuff would be somewhat useful and consistent in present state. So that's more or less the call to make.

[issues:#4741] Allow Scheme functions to be called inside of markup

Created: Tue Jan 12, 2016 09:27 PM UTC by David Kastrup
Last Updated: Thu Jan 21, 2016 02:38 PM UTC
Owner: David Kastrup

Allow Scheme functions to be called inside of markup

http://codereview.appspot.com/285070043

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/