[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4553 in lilypond: Require and/or install fonts for

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4553 in lilypond: Require and/or install fonts for demonstrations to configure script and GUB environment
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 16:18:29 +0000

Owner: address@hidden
CC: address@hidden
Labels: Type-Enhancement

New issue 4553 by address@hidden: Require and/or install fonts for demonstrations to configure script and GUB environment

This is devided from Issue 952.

Issue 952 requires Linux Libertine fonts for LilyPond `make doc'.

I think that LilyPond installer should not contain Libertine.
If I understand correctly, Libertine is required by only `make doc'.
`make all' and many non-unicode .ly compilation do not require it.

However, GUB will require Libertine because official website's document files are made by GUB.
I've made GUB's patch and send a pull request to GUB repo.
https://github.com/gperciva/gub/pull/17

Should configure script request Libertine?
How about other fonts?

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/fonts.html
This page uses "Bitstream Charter", "Vera Bold", "Times New Roman", "Nimbus Sans", "Luxi Mono", etc.
Should we require these fonts in configure script?

How about Japanse fonts?
Unicode demonstration uses Japanse glyphs.

I think that these fonts (also Japanese fonts) should be installed to GUB environment because GUB makes official web site's document files.

However, should LilyPond installer contain these fonts?
Should configure script require these fonts?