Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4360 in lilypond: Patch: Reorganize smob initi

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4360 in lilypond: Patch: Reorganize smob initialization to make it more reliable
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 16:21:32 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Type-Enhancement Type-Maintainability

Comment #3 on issue 4360 by address@hidden: Patch: Reorganize smob initialization to make it more reliable

Ok, here is the deal: without this patch, the next stage of issue 4357 crashes: it involves building a listener alist (instead of some weird translator_listener_record structure carrying the same information) at engraver initialization time. That results in the initialization of Listener and/or Callback_wrapper happening out of synch or not at all.

Which is quite awful to debug. So I want this patch in rather fast in order to be able to rebase the Listener reorganization on this and have it in one coherent sequence rather than interrupted by these fixes without which the later parts will fall apart. And this does not apply independently from issue 4357.

So I'm probably not going to wait for more than two days or so before pushing this one bypassing the regular process. I don't want too much stuff queueing up for weeks.