[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4245 in lilypond: Custom Rest stencils do not affe

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4245 in lilypond: Custom Rest stencils do not affect spacing
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 11:25:39 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Enhancement

New issue 4245 by address@hidden: Custom Rest stencils do not affect spacing

On 05/01/15 06:05, Keith OHara wrote:> On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 11:38:28 -0800, Dan Eble <address@hidden> wrote:

Aha!  Overriding Rest.stencil and changing the style there was
insufficient because ly::rest::width and other callbacks *bypass* the
stencil property, so my change of style had not yet been applied when
the X-extent was evaluated.  Lilypond used the X-extent of the default
quarter rest instead of the classical quarter rest.

So this is a bug, right?  Rest.X-extent etc. should yield the
dimensions of whatever Rest.stencil will return.

Either a bug or a side-effect of a design choice.  We removed some
similar special-case treatment of stencils for issue 3749.  Maybe we can
do so here as well.

It needs a bug report:

 %{ Custom Rest stencils do not affect spacing
 The dot overlaps the 16th rest with the custom stencil "16".
 The X-extent of Rest seems to be independent of the actual stencil. %}
    { r16. r32
      \once\override Rest #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
      \override Rest #'text = \markup\lower #0.8 "16"
     r16. r32 r4 r2 }