Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4182 in lilypond: dynamics on skips confuse cr

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4182 in lilypond: dynamics on skips confuse cross-staff stems
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 07:16:29 +0000

Comment #2 on issue 4182 by address@hidden: dynamics on skips confuse cross-staff stems

Usually a cross-staff stem will refuse to commit to a direction,

Oops, that's not true. The layout code follows conventions to avoid looking up the direction of a stem, using get_property_data() instead of get_property() and the various 'pure' versions of functions. There is a leak in those conventions.

I have not found a reasonable way to have the Dynamic 'p' ask for the center of the chord above it "but don't go to the trouble of figuring out cross-staff stem directions" without adding several more 'pure' flags.

I just tried having cross-staff Stems pick a default direction, and then re-computing the directions after line breaking. Some of the stem attachment points to noteheads are then wrong, having depended on the tentative direction of the Stem.