[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4143 in lilypond: Doc: Usage - add to 5.1 General

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4143 in lilypond: Doc: Usage - add to 5.1 General Suggestions
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 21:11:59 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 4143 by address@hidden: Doc: Usage - add to 5.1 General Suggestions

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Peter Crighton <address@hidden> wrote:

I see, thanks.

I have several files I include in every project, in one of which I make some overrides to TabStaff. How can I avoid this problem in scores I'm not using any TabStaffs in, other than removing the Clef_engraver from TabStaff? Or ist that already the best way?

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de

Peter,

Put the overrides in a \layout block, like:

\layout {
  \override TabStaff.Stemstencil = ##f
}

This won't create a new context, but it will apply it when you create one.

Regards,
Abraham

Federico Bruni:

It's also a way to keep music and style separated.

Bug Squad, what about adding it to this chapter of Usage manual?
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/usage/general-suggestions

It's recommended also by mutopia guide lines:
https://github.com/chrissawer/The-Mutopia-Project/wiki/LilyPond-code%3A-best-practices-for-new-submissions