Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3980 in lilypond: Patch: Adds incipit section

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3980 in lilypond: Patch: Adds incipit section to NR
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 14:22:35 +0000

Comment #28 on issue 3980 by address@hidden: Patch: Adds incipit section to NR

I'd like to pick this up again, and I think the only outstanding issue is the alignment of the instrument name in the incipit. It took me a while, but I now understand that David's objection is to a compulsory overrid that takes the alignment away from the LilyPond default. So to get this patch accepted, I need to romove the override. I would want my own scores with a right-aligned instrument, which could be accommodated with \incipit { \override Staff.InstrumentName.self-alignment-X = #RIGHT; It seems to me worth documenting this feature too. However, the general principle of not documenting overrides outside snippets argues against this. So the alternative would be an option alignment argument to the incipit function. For the life of me I can't work out how this would be done. I've got optional arguments: I just can't work out how to apply this in the incipit code.

So: document a simple over-ride, or an optional argument?