Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1774 in lilypond: Semi-breves unnecessarily sh

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1774 in lilypond: Semi-breves unnecessarily shifted
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 00:46:43 +0000

Updates:
        Owner: address@hidden
        Labels: -Priority-Medium Patch-new

Comment #4 on issue 1774 by address@hidden: Semi-breves unnecessarily shifted

I originally intended only to suppress the warning "too many clashing note columns" when we explicitly ask for columns to line up, but can see a good argument for having whole-notes line up by default when the relative pitches are in the usual order for the voices.

We need only apply the horizontal shifts for clarity when voices cross.

Making the test for stems explicit also addresses issue 2196. This changes two regression tests regarding beams, where the voices are intentionally crossed. The placement of notes looks unusual (because the relative pitches in the voices is unusual) but notes no longer overlay the stems.

https://codereview.appspot.com/132110043/