Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3980 in lilypond: Patch: Adds incipit section

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3980 in lilypond: Patch: Adds incipit section to NR
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 19:22:57 +0000

Comment #13 on issue 3980 by address@hidden: Patch: Adds incipit section to NR

Ok, assuming that this will fix the problems, the question is how to split this up. This currently consists of the following items:
a) bugfix for ly:score-embedded-format (a PostScriptum to issue 677)
b) adding incipit-width to dimension-variables
c) adding \incipit to ly/property-init.ly
d) adding documentation in NR

b) and c) don't make sense as separate issues. And c) and d) can well be joined. When looking over the code, I thought that \incipit should likely be using the setting of InstrumentName.self-alignment-X from outside in the incipit: I don't think we should prescribe how the real instrument name is aligned.

I would propose pushing a) soonish. I can create a separate issue for it, and I think it is a reasonably safe bet that it is an improvement (the whole layout/paper stuff is a big piece of crock before and after, though).

This will also affect everything purporting to provide incipits, so it will definitely have the largest fallout. The rest "just" adds functionality and documentation.