[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3956 in lilypond: NR 1.2.1 - Tuplets - could be ma

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3956 in lilypond: NR 1.2.1 - Tuplets - could be made clearer with regard to direction
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 22:56:46 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 3956 by address@hidden: NR 1.2.1 - Tuplets - could be made clearer with regard to direction

On 17/06/14 22:47, Javier Ruiz-Alma wrote:

>I want to change the direction of a tuplet bracket (up in this case).

Try \tupletUp ahead of where you wish to implement the change in direction...there's also \tupletDown, \tupletNeutral

>I read the manual on tuplets and it says

>"Tuplet brackets may be manually placed above or below the staff; see Direction and placement."
>But neither the tuplet nor the direction section has an example

I agree, the NR section you refer to could be made clearer. You are given a link for manual placement, while the positioning commands are just a few lines down on the primary page under the heading "Predefined commands".