[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3903 in lilypond: Website: archive LilyPond report

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3903 in lilypond: Website: archive LilyPond reports and remove links to lilynet.net (down and unmaintained)
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 14:30:23 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 3903 by address@hidden: Website: archive LilyPond reports and remove links to lilynet.net (down and unmaintained)

I'm bypassing bug-lilypond@, hope it's ok...
I found this comment:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-12/msg00751.html

As lilynet is down and Valentine is unreachable, I think that we should:

1. retrieve the lilypond reports from archive.org and place them somewhere (where?). Also, I wonder how much can be retrieved this way.. As far as I can see, only the text:
https://web.archive.org/web/20120613174853/http://news.lilynet.net/?The-LilyPond-Report-25

2. remove links to lilynet.net, in Contributor and Web manuals, see:
git grep -e 'http.*lilynet.net'

What is more embarassing is the second header of the contact page:

"""
Stay Informed
LilyPond Report
The easiest way to keep touch is by reading our community newsletter, the LilyPond Report:
http://news.lilynet.net
"""