Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2909 in lilypond: search bar of the website lo

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2909 in lilypond: search bar of the website looks up only the development pages
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 15:45:53 +0000

Comment #14 on issue 2909 by address@hidden: search bar of the website looks up only the development pages

With the listed relations, I would suggest searching the 2.18 documentation from the main page. The main purpose of our "Development" pages is to point to resources for developers, including the repository and the 2.19 documentation. I don't think that there is an implicit expectation that the search box on those pages should behave differently than on the main page.

It would, however, make sense to me to have the search box clearly labelled with the version it is going to look in (that makes particular sense when a version is brand new and we have not yet dared to bump the search version). A nice touch would be to offer a selector (defaulting to the stable version) where one can specify the desired documentation to search.

Short of all that "it would be nice" folderol, I think that the main page should search 2.18, and if that means that the pages labelled "Development" do this as well, then I consider that more justifiable than the other way round.