Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 355 in lilypond: \repeat bar lines get messed

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 355 in lilypond: \repeat bar lines get messed up
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 07:35:10 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Priority-Low

Comment #7 on issue 355 by address@hidden: \repeat bar lines get messed up

Well, there are quite a few regtest differences, and it's clear that this code is not sufficiently prepared for the situation where a repeat does not span an integral amount of measures.

There are some cases, particularly those with a single repetition and two alternatives, where the bar boundaries don't match what one would get from unfolding short, sub-bar repeats.

However, there are also examples with something like four alternatives where there is absolutely no way to unfold the repeats in a manner that places the bar lines anywhere sensible and where just staring at the example and thinking "how could one do that right?" is making my head hurt.

As a note aside, I seem to remember that repetitions in mid-bar have their own bars either looking like ||: or even |: rather than .|: as they do now. LilyPond does not seem to have a version of those light repeat bars, right?

I'll try see whether I can incorporate the "state at start of repeat differs from that of end of alternative" thing sensibly. But it's not likely to work amenably with the "restore some settings without interpretting them" approach.