[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3641 in lilypond: Example for \accepts in N.R.5.1.

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3641 in lilypond: Example for \accepts in N.R.5.1.7 broke
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 18:54:31 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Critical Regression

New issue 3641 by address@hidden: Example for \accepts in N.R.5.1.7 broke

There was an example that overlaid a line of ChordNames onto the Staff,
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/context-layout-order
that broke sometime during 2.17.x
  \new Staff {
    c' d' e' f'
    \chords { d1:m7 b1:min7.5- } }
  \layout {
    \context {
      \Staff
      \accepts "ChordNames" } }
It would be good to bisect to see when this stopped working, to check that it was not due to some mistake, but we might not want to keep this working.

ChordNames is similar to a Staff, in that it collects graphical objects into a line on the page, and specifies the spacing of that line on the page. (It could have been called 'ChordRow'.) If a ChordNames is inside a Staff, the spacing specifications conflict. The better way to print chord names inside the Staff would be to add the Chord_name_engraver:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-10/msg00446.html

For a better example on using \accepts, I looked at mutopiaproject.org, but all the examples there have been incorporated as defaults. Usually, \accepts is needed only when you make a new context and need to say where it goes, but that is already covered in N.R.5.1.6 The only use I can imagine for \accepts in the context of re-arranging contexts would be putting a ChoirStaff inside a GrandStaff with other single Staffs.