Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3572 in lilypond: convert-ly should produce se

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3572 in lilypond: convert-ly should produce several backup files for each invokation
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 17:23:23 +0000

Comment #1 on issue 3572 by address@hidden: convert-ly should produce several backup files for each invokation

The numbered backup Scheme used by Emacs etc is
myfile.ly
myfile.ly.~1~
myfile.ly.~2~
myfile.ly.~3~

Its configuration states:

   The variable ‘version-control’ determines whether to make single
backup files or multiple numbered backup files.  Its possible values
are:

‘nil’
     Make numbered backups for files that have numbered backups already.
     Otherwise, make single backups.  This is the default.
‘t’
     Make numbered backups.
‘never’
     Never make numbered backups; always make single backups.

I think that I don't want numeric backups (they accumulate rather fast) by default, so the equivalent of the `nil' setting with a command line option to override seems sanest to me.