Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3026 in lilypond: staff-padding should measure

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3026 in lilypond: staff-padding should measure to the alignment-points
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 15:06:26 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-countdown Patch-push

Comment #31 on issue 3026 by address@hidden: staff-padding should measure to the alignment-points

Still unconvinced we should have a NOT_SMART rule here: IIRC, those cause conversion to _fail_ until the source code has been changed manually (or the version advanced manually). So they are more or less reserved for things that are _known_ to stop working without manual intervention. The sort of "behavior was ill-defined but became better" that we seem to be talking about here does not seem to match that.

At any rate, with that reservation and the plea to think about that, I'm declaring this Patch-push as we can likely rehash the same arguments all week long.