Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (incons

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 10:23:14 +0000

Comment #90 on issue 2658 by address@hidden: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)

The PDF from an arbitrary file, in this case I think it was
\repeat unfold 2000 { c16 }

I don't see what you mean by "we should wait for the next patchset and then test it" since the current patchset is well-tested. The next patch set I'll create will have other, predictable deficiencies. They might or might not be to be a nicer compromise, depending on what new surprises the previewers and renderers are planning to throw at us.

I am already thoroughly pissed at the amount of throw-away code I have written due to the ridiculously inconsistent rendering of the set of backends we are trying to placate. It will likely end up costing the LilyPond community financing my work more than €500 to get a hold on this, and it will be a minor hold at that.