Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3338 in lilypond: spacing after 2.17.13 is muc

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3338 in lilypond: spacing after 2.17.13 is much looser
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 19:54:19 +0000

Comment #10 on issue 3338 by address@hidden: spacing after 2.17.13 is much looser

I first tried amending the patch linked to issue 3160, but did not see a way to distinguish between 1) a temporary staff being absent on a particular line-broken system (this issue)
 2) a dynamics context completely  (issue 1669)
Each of these can re-appear on later lines, with another forte mark or \context Staff="ossia"{..}

The patch linked to issue 3160 includes the requested baseline-skip allowance associated with the staff or dynamics line, even when empty. We do not want that allowance for the ossia staff, and neither for the dynamics in issue 1669, actually.

Probably better to fix 1669 in the other direction: consistently skip the spacing allowance for lines that have no graphical elements at all. I do have an updated patch linked to issue 1669, that has all the good simplifications we found when working on the patch linked to issue 3160.