Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1367 in lilypond: Enhancement: NoteNames conte

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1367 in lilypond: Enhancement: NoteNames context should handle any note names language
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 21:13:15 +0000

Comment #11 on issue 1367 by address@hidden: Enhancement: NoteNames context should handle any note names language

2013/4/24  Fan Ziye wrote:
Janek wrote:
BTW, did you use git-cl to upload your patch or was the comment #4 written
manually by you?  Because one thing was missing - it should be set to
Patch-new (which i'm doing now).

Yes, I wrote comment #4 manually. It was the first time for me to use such
tools (git and Rietveld) in real world, really exciting!

:)
As James explained in the Rietveld issue, git-cl is the easiest way to upload a patch. I'll write a more detailed explanation in the Rietveld issue.

I'm trying to get pitch's name from variable 'pitchnames'. Is it necessary
to display alternative labels? I think it should be display in '#' and 'b'
format.
The example below will produce this result: do re mi re#

Example:
\version "2.13.37"
\include "espanol.ly"
notes = \relative do' { do re mi red }

\new Staff <<
   \notes
   \context NoteNames {
     \notes }

Hmm. I'm not sure what exactly do you mean, but if i understand correctly, i don't think it should be done this way. In other words, i think that if the user input is "do re mi red" then the NoteNames should be "do re mi red".