Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (incons

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 12:50:09 +0000

Comment #48 on issue 2658 by address@hidden: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)

Uh, David, but we (LilyPond) were not much better in this regard. See how similar the situation was:

"LilyPond has a bug tracker. There was no reply to the inconsistent thickness issue for more than half a year, despite a detailed description. And that's all about elementary display stuff that is quite ridiculous for a product of that maturity. Either they have no regtests or they can't be bothered. Either way, there is no apparent quality control and we should be writing our scores in some other software rather than using LilyPond."

See how similar the situation is?
(i don't want to blame anyone or make excuses for Ghostscript! *And i'm very thankful that you're working on this.* But it's a matter of fact that this issue was neglected by LilyPond developers for years (it was originally reported long time ago, see links in comment #1)).