Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3255 in lilypond: \with-dimensions doesn't wor

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3255 in lilypond: \with-dimensions doesn't work with zero extension
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:08:08 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 3255 by address@hidden: \with-dimensions doesn't work with zero extension

In the documentation, \with-dimensions is documented as:

"Set the dimensions of arg to x and y."

It sets the dimensions of the argument, which is a markup, not the entire grob (which is in this case a TextSpanner). For example:

{ c_\markup { foo \with-dimensions #'(0 . 0) #'(0 . 0) bar foo } }

Does not effect the entire grob stencil but just the middle word.

I'm not sure if by "object" you mean grob - to set the dimensions of an grob, X-extent and Y-extent are your best bet.

The way to get this behavior back is to revert the current default for TextScript vertical-skylines. For the time being, there is no way to communicate between markups (which are stencils evaluated at compile time) and vertical skylines to do the kind of skyline overrides David's talking about. I'm OK with this reversion if people think that's the right way to go.