Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1698 in lilypond: Slurs and ties are not corre

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1698 in lilypond: Slurs and ties are not correct over repeats
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 13:09:40 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Priority-Medium

Comment #35 on issue 1698 by address@hidden: Slurs and ties are not correct over repeats

Nothing changed. I consider both the chosen syntax as well as the chosen music representation unsuitable for a stable release as they put far too many loose ends into the responsibility of the user. From the programming interface, using separate music types means that the normal overrides won't work as expected. Sure, one can temper with \SlurUp and similar to take that into account, but it won't cover preexisting usage.

For a user interface, giving everything new names is quite unsuitable.

However, it is quite clear that you are unwilling to give any consideration to the actual usability and just want the functionality in.

This means that it will likely end up my job to design a sane user and programming interface for this functionality, suitable for inclusion into a stable release, with a user and programming interface that is not ad-hoc to a degree where it would be imprudent to vouch for its survival into future versions. I am less than thrilled at the prospect of additional work piling up at my door before a stable release can conscionably be made, but at any rate I called off the stable release process to give me the time necessary to deal with it in a suitable manner.