[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3209 in lilypond: Searching stable release documen

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3209 in lilypond: Searching stable release documentation should only return results from stable release
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:21:09 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 3209 by address@hidden: Searching stable release documentation should only return results from stable release

Laura Conrad reported here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2013-02/msg00049.html

as follows:

------------------
When I hit the "Documentation" tab on the web site, I see a page labeled
"Manuals for LilyPond 2.16.2".  However, when I do a search, for
instance for "italic lyrics", I get a search of the 2.17 documentation.
That is, the text in the google search box says
"site:lilypond.org/doc/v2.17 italic lyrics".

Phil Holmes explained that this is due to a design decision taken by the authors of the Lilypond documentation:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2013-02/msg00100.html

as follows:
No - that bug was returning results that were too _old_ for current stable. This mail is pointing out that we return search results that are too _new_ for current stable. However, as we use a common search box for all the docs, development and stable, we have to choose to search either stable or development, and we choose the latter.