Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3031 in lilypond: slur between notes inside ch

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3031 in lilypond: slur between notes inside chords
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 05:06:35 +0000

Comment #2 on issue 3031 by address@hidden: slur between notes inside chords

In most of the cases that I see in the wild the number of notes in the first and second chord are the same and there are no chords in between. So some 'fully tie and slur' syntax would be ideal. Some ideas:

A) A setting similar to double slurs:
  \set fullyTieAndSlur = ##t
<c f a>( <c e g>) % would tie the c and put a slur from the f to the e and from the a to the g.

B) Allow custom slurs within chords (Similar to acciaccaturas):
startASlur = #(make-music 'SlurEvent 'span-direction START 'spanner-id "A") startBSlur = #(make-music 'SlurEvent 'span-direction START 'spanner-id "B")
  stopASlur = #(make-music 'SlurEvent 'span-direction STOP 'spanner-id "A")
  stopBSlur = #(make-music 'SlurEvent 'span-direction STOP 'spanner-id "B")
  <c~ f\startASlur a\startBSlur> <c e\stopASlur g\stopBSlur>
  % This currently throws no errors, but it also doesn't do anything.

B would be the most flexible if it's feasible, but A would be practical for most cases that I see.