Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3104 in lilypond: note-by-number and note don'

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3104 in lilypond: note-by-number and note don't support flag styles other than default
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 09:36:28 +0000

Comment #9 on issue 3104 by address@hidden: note-by-number and note don't support flag styles other than default

Ok, this question may well be over your head (it's over mine), but maybe some experimentation can provide a bit more of a clue. The documentation for markup \override says:

`\override' NEW-PROP (pair) ARG (markup)
     Add the argument NEW-PROP to the property list.  Properties may be
     any property supported by *note font-interface:
     (lilypond-internals)font-interface, *note text-interface:
     (lilypond-internals)text-interface. and *note
     instrument-specific-markup-interface:
     (lilypond-internals)instrument-specific-markup-interface.

Now "style" is not a member of any of those interfaces as far as I can tell. If it were, would the setting be inherited from, say, the TextScript properties of the context where a ^\markup ... is placed? If that were the case, can we set those properties in the respective context definitions and have \tempo marks get the respective note style?

Or does this just work globally via \layout { style = #'mensural } or similar?