[Lilypond-auto] Issue 2921 in lilypond: Doc: Glossary - add 'high bass c

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2921 in lilypond: Doc: Glossary - add 'high bass clef'
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 11:03:19 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 2921 by address@hidden: Doc: Glossary - add 'high bass clef'

ugly, or enhancement request

I think the "high bass clef" is an important information and should be added to the music glossary.

At the "vienna symphonic library" pages (http://www.vsl.co.at/en) --> vienna academy --> Brass --> Horns --> Horn in F --> Notation, Section "older notation" you'll find some description of it.

I remember a report, Mozart did switch frequently between treble and high bass clef in a confusing way
in a certain basset horn part for Anton Stadler.

For my enclosed suggestion I counted the pitch usage in two sheet music prints
(also the publication years are more than a century apart) to illustrate it.

Best regards,
ArnoldTheresius

Attachments:
        patch_diff_q.txt  10.9 KB