Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2829 in lilypond: Tied note in TabStaff is dis

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2829 in lilypond: Tied note in TabStaff is displayed if inside a chord which starts a glissando
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 07:21:37 +0000

Updates:
        Cc: address@hidden

Comment #3 on issue 2829 by address@hidden: Tied note in TabStaff is displayed if inside a chord which starts a glissando

Well, it's not that clever, because it parenthesizes the tied note in a chord only when the chord starts a glissando (see image attached).
For sure it's not consistent.

Tied notes in TabStaff are parenthesized only if they occur after a line break (and there's \hideSplitTiedTabNotes to change this behaviour). This is ok and IMO this is the single situation where it's really needed. But I'm not a professional typesetter at all.

I'm CCing David Stocker, who may have some suggestions about this case and maybe a pointer to a tablature reference.

Attachments:
        tied-chord-glissando-problem.preview.png  11.7 KB