Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2838 in lilypond: Patch: Changes less<Grob *>

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2838 in lilypond: Patch: Changes less<Grob *> to Grob::less.
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 11:40:32 +0000

Updates:
        Owner: address@hidden
        Cc: address@hidden

Comment #4 on issue 2838 by address@hidden: Patch: Changes less<Grob *> to Grob::less.

Have you even read what I wrote? In all three cases, uniq is called afterwards on the _pointer_ values, and that _only_ makes sense if the arrays have been sorted on the _pointer_ values. There might have been an oversight or confusion about what the followup code thinks about the resulting order, and in this case another sorting pass on whatever other criterion the followup code needs is required.

But whatever the next stage may require as a sorting order, uniq as it is used here requires the array to be sorted according to pointer address, and so your patch is wrong and based on wrong assumptions. git blame is not all too conclusive, but at least it seems that this code has passed through the hands of Han-Wen, so if you don't believe me, let's ask him.