Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2538 in lilypond: LilyDev 3

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2538 in lilypond: LilyDev 3
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 21:39:57 +0000

Comment #13 on issue 2538 by address@hidden: LilyDev 3

Are we re-creating the list of all software? it would be nice to have an organized list of all packages and setup stuff, so we don't need to go through this every few months. I don't think that disk space is really significant unless we can fit within 700 megs.

For example, lilydev needs to have:
- astyle 2.02.1: C++ formatting style.  (updated from 2.02)
- set up LILYPOND_GIT, LILYPOND_MEDIA_GIT, LILYPOND_BUILD_DIR (or maybe LILYPOND_BUILDDIR ?): needed for easy usage of the build scripts (particularly for website) - emacs x.y: scm formatting style (not implemented yet, but it should be installed)
  (this could be dropped from lilydev if necessary)
- msmtp: used for the patchy automatic emails. It's only 100kb or so, so we might as well have it installed in case anybody wants to use patchy.

Could you make such a list? maybe push it directly to the lilypond-extra repository misc/ directory? I think it will be easier to keep track of things than looking up comments and emails.