Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2764 in lilypond: Fingering placement problem

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2764 in lilypond: Fingering placement problem in chords containing a second
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 20:12:26 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-needs_work Needs-evidence

Comment #16 on issue 2764 by address@hidden: Fingering placement problem in chords containing a second

I would not open a new issue.

I read comment 2 to imply that the fingerings should be side-by-side horizontally, but I can interpret such fingerings much more easily if stacked vertically, at least for violin and piano (<d! dis>) -- and would expect vertical stacking to be clearer for guitar as well. Mike's comment sounds like he is also thinking that stacking vertically is correct.

The offset stacking is quite clear, and I know no rule against it.