Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2831 in lilypond: Crash with slurs and flags a

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2831 in lilypond: Crash with slurs and flags and duration-override
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:48:43 +0000

Comment #6 on issue 2831 by address@hidden: Crash with slurs and flags and duration-override

I don't know what is stored in memory, only that so much is stored that memory is exhausted.

Sorry, I forgot to cite Kevin Barry for his extremely helpful bug report
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-09/msg00331.html>

From that, we see that slurs are essential, and the symptom is an endless loop that eats memory. So I suspect slur scoring (infinitely many contestants in the slur beauty contest).

The problem appeared with a patch affecting stem lengths. That suggests that slur-scoring depended on something about Stem-lengths in order to terminate some loop. Maybe a slur is being repeated raised by zero stem-length or something like that.

Setting a matching whole-note duration-log on the Stem solves the problem. That suggests that the problem is somewhere that first checks duration-log to see if a Stem is expected.