Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2783 in lilypond: wrong placement of timesigna

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2783 in lilypond: wrong placement of timesignature
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 22:27:41 +0000

Updates:
        Cc: address@hidden

Comment #2 on issue 2783 by address@hidden: wrong placement of timesignature

It is not issue 2553 but rather issue 2533. Cf <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2533#c73> and the comments it tries answering. I still consider the time signature moving in relation to the staff lines (unless shifted by the user who also is responsible for the irregular staff line layout) a mistake, and the example from this patch gives an excellent reason: the user has no predictable way of letting the time signature end up where it should.

It would likely make sense to revert this part of issue 2533, possibly adding a manual way of shifting the time signature (may already be available, but I have not checked).