Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2707 in lilypond: Patch: Midi volume fixes

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2707 in lilypond: Patch: Midi volume fixes
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 07:18:42 +0000

Comment #11 on issue 2707 by address@hidden: Patch: Midi volume fixes

"At least two years (maybe forever)" would be
commit e5380f29f23e204a603f8398368d2a7dc0260aa0
Author: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>
Date:   Thu Mar 3 16:40:06 2011 +0100

    Map voices to channels in MIDI output.

    This fixes a long standing weirdness in MIDI output, with voices being
    all merged into one channel with channel number equalling track
    number.

    With voices mapped to channels, midi2ly can neatly recreate voices
    without needing to do tricky guessing.

released as 2.13.53. input/regression/morgenlied.ly has for the duration of its easily traceable history since
commit 6e9f6d75e2b1ffa9b69fe1ea0f8f034afa8a0598
Author: Graham Percival <address@hidden>
Date:   Sun Jan 10 13:54:13 2010 +0000

    Reinstate delete files and put them in regression.

not has had any change related to that change in semantics. It is good that Heikki's patch now delivers a warning that tells us we have overlooked fixing this file for over a year, by adding appropriate per-voice dynamics that would have been redundant previous to Jan's change.

If we show an example using Midi, it does not make sense to have the Midi blare out at \mf suddenly when it is supposed to decrescendo from \p.