[Lilypond-auto] Issue 2580 in lilypond: Apparent mistake in output-lib.s

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2580 in lilypond: Apparent mistake in output-lib.scm - fine barglyph-alist
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 20:51:26 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Other

New issue 2580 by address@hidden: Apparent mistake in output-lib.scm - fine barglyph-alist

Reported by Philip Thomas:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2012-06/msg00006.html

I was trying to get to grips with adjustments to break alignment, and
stumbled on a section in output-lib.scm headed:

;; Bar lines.

(...)

;; How should a  bar line behave at a break?

I noticed that there are what appear to be two identical entries under the
definition:

(define bar-glyph-alist

(...)

namely:

Unless there is something I've missed, those two lines are identical. It may
be just a simple duplication, or it could be that one of the lines should
read something different. Maybe there is no problem, or maybe even there's a
good reason for the duplication -- I am no programmer and can't imagine what
the consequences of the duplication might be, but at any rate now someone
who understands this stuff might like to have a look at it and decide
whether any action is needed.