Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2550 in lilypond: Statements that cannot be ex

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2550 in lilypond: Statements that cannot be executed may be in the code
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 17:51:35 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 2550 by address@hidden: Statements that cannot be executed may be in the code

If I'm not mistaken, error can't return.

flower/include/warn.hh  line 47:

void error (string s, string location = ""); // Fatal error, exits lilypond!

flower/warn.cc line 179:

179 /* Display a fatal error message.  Also exits lilypond.  */
180 void
181 error (string s, string location)
182 {
183   print_message (LOG_ERROR, location, _f ("fatal error: %s", s) + "\n");
184   exit (1);
185 }

So in this case, variant 2 would seem to be better, even though the code as I proposed it would work correctly. It's confusing to the reader, so it shouldn't be written that way.