Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1773 in lilypond: Add Footnote_engraver to Sco

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1773 in lilypond: Add Footnote_engraver to Score context
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 16:40:12 +0000

Updates:
        Owner: address@hidden
        Labels: -Priority-Low

Comment #1 on issue 1773 by address@hidden: Add Footnote_engraver to Score context

I've just made some experiments, and some testing with _automatic_ footnotes for normal constructs indicates that adding to lower contexts does not make sense: you'll get a footnote number for _each_ announcement of a grob. So the regtest that "works" at the Staff level does it at the cost of breaking any and all footnotes at the Voice level (of which it prudently contains none).

The "obviously correct" solution is to move Footnote_engraver to Score level. That way, each grob will be announced only once to the footnote engraver.

Since this is actually interfering with the \footnote documentation I am writing, I am preparing a patch that I'll probably shoo in somewhat expeditely.