Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2459 in lilypond: Vertical positioning of Lyri

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2459 in lilypond: Vertical positioning of Lyrics, Dynamics etc. - breaking into segments
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 09:52:27 +0000

Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 2459 by address@hidden: Vertical positioning of Lyrics, Dynamics etc. - breaking into segments

A couple of comments. 1) Just because you can find examples of bad practice in old scores doesn't make it good practice. We could also institute a rule that dots should be omitted when it's easier to do than include them. I can point you to lots of examples of commercial scores where this happens. 2) This change would break Elaine Gould's rule: page 439 "The line of text should be parallel to the stave for the length of the system, and not be placed on different levels to accommodate notes below the stave." Stone and Gardner-Read do not mention this, but do not use different lines in their examples.