Re: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind-ptrace and UNW_REMOTE_ONLY

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind-ptrace and UNW_REMOTE_ONLY
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 11:15:19 -0800

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Ken Werner <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that for unwinding via DWARF debug frames libunwind-ptrace relies
> on the local_addr_space [1] which is not initialized in case of
> UNW_REMOTE_ONLY [2]. This leads to a segfault in case CONFIG_DEBUG_FRAME is
> defined. So, I'm wondering if there is a nice way to fix this. As a
> workaround I defined the local_addr_space even if UNW_REMOTE_ONLY is defined
> and set the find_proc_info, resume, and put_unwind_info accessors to NULL.
> Any suggestions are appreciated.

libunwind-ptrace should not be compiled for REMOTE_ONLY case.

src/Makefile.am

if !REMOTE_ONLY
lib_LIBRARIES += libunwind-ptrace.a
lib_LTLIBRARIES += libunwind.la
endif

I recall you had a question about using UNW_REMOTE_ONLY to deal with
android. Reading through Makefile.am and configure.in, the correct way
to configure for the remote only case is to use "host != target".

If you're trying to work around compilation failures due to the lack
of dl_iterate_phdr on the target, we should find a different
mechanism.

 -Arun