[Libunwind-devel] FYI: new type of unwind info inaccuracy (x86-64, libm,

From: Lassi Tuura
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] FYI: new type of unwind info inaccuracy (x86-64, libm, rhel 6.x)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 02:18:33 +0200

Hi,

While testing the new libunwind version we came across a new type of unwind
info inaccuracy on x86-64 RHEL6. See http://gcc.gnu.org/PR48597 for the details.

So far we've seen it occur in only four functions, so not common - except if
you happen to call those functions a lot, like we do :-)

It's possible all GCC versions to date are affected, but definitely GCC 4.4.x
and probably also current snapshots (4.6.1 prerelease).

Regards,
Lassi