Re: [Libunwind-devel] crashes trying to get a backtrace from a signal ha

From: Sven Neumann
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] crashes trying to get a backtrace from a signal handler (ARM)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 21:10:15 +0200

On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 23:47 +0200, Lassi Tuura wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I am totally open for both solutions, but I am afraid, I have not enough
> > understanding of all this to implement this myself. I can try patches,
> > either for uClibc or libunwind, and I am also willing to push a working
> > change upstream, but I definitely need more guidance if I am supposed to
> > write these patches myself.
>
> You might want to consult the uclibc developers, especially if the
> descriptions are systematically not there for asm functions. Maybe
> they have something to suggest.

For the record, we found a solution to our problem that doesn't require
patching uClibc. Instead of using unw_getcontext() to obtain an
unw_context_t pointer, we are using the context that is passed to the
signal handler that registered with sigation(). I am not sure if this is
documented anywhere, but it works nicely and solves our problem.

Regards,
Sven