Re: [Libunwind-devel] x86/ARM test suite failures

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] x86/ARM test suite failures
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 19:43:07 -0700

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Zach Welch <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10/25/2010 03:51 PM, Arun Sharma wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Zach Welch <address@hidden> wrote:In addition to those failures, I also get the following failure on IA32
with my install of gcc-4.4.3:

FAIL: Ltest-nomalloc

This one should be easy to track down. You could use a debugger to setup a break point which triggers when something inside libunwind ends up calling malloc.

We need this guarantee so libunwind is usable for profiling malloc and friends.

I'll take a look at the extra test failure that started showing up in the last few months.

 -Arun