Re: [Libunwind-devel] crashes trying to get a backtrace from a signal ha

From: Lassi Tuura
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] crashes trying to get a backtrace from a signal handler (ARM)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:49:49 +0200

Hi,

> But I have debug output from my original problem. Here are the last
> lines before it segfaults:

>> _ULarm_dwarf_find_proc_info: IP=0x407adfe7 not found
>> put_rs_cache: unmasking signals/interrupts and releasing lock
>> _ULarm_dwarf_step: returning -10
>> _ULarm_step: dwarf_step()=-10
>> _ULarm_step: dwarf_step() failed (ret=0), trying frame-chain

Great, thanks. How did it come to considering IP=0x407adfe7? In other words
what's the debug output for the frame above? Do you have some other way of
checking what's at that address, both this IP and the frame above, is it
legitimate or bogus? (/proc/$pid/maps, gdb info shared, ...).

If 0x407adfe7 is a valid address, it doesn't have unwind info (-10 ==
-UNW_ENOINFO), and the fallback walker is crashing on the frame. Rest depends
on whether the fallback walker should be able to deal with it or not.

Regards,
Lassi