Re: [Libunwind-devel] status of ARM support

From: andris.zeila
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] status of ARM support
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 13:50:54 +0200

 > I didn't add these extra options, and of course I would prefer if I
 > wouldn't have to. So far I have tried to add -funwind-tables, but that
 > did not seem to help with dwarf_step().

No, it won't. Libunwind (at least on ARM) requires .debug_frame for
dwarf_step() to work. You can check if your binary contains .debug_frame
(objdump -h <binary> | grep debug_frame).
If not you can try compiling with -g1 and see what happens.

proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.