Re: [Libunwind-devel] status of ARM support

From: andris.zeila
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] status of ARM support
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 13:47:12 +0200

On 2010-08-02 14:20, Sven Neumann wrote:
> I've tried that now, unfortunately without much success. Here's the
> output from a simple test application with debug output enabled. As you
> can see, dwarf_step() fails and then the code crashes in the alternative
> approach using the frame chain:
>   >_ULarm_step: dwarf_step() failed (ret=0), trying
> frame-chain
> caught signal 11

It's strange that dwarf_step() failed, less strange that frame-chain
unwinding could fail. What options did you use to compile your test
program? IIRC frame chain unwinding requires -fno-omit-frame-pointer and
-mapcs-frame options enabled.
You can disable frame chain unwinding by setting UWN_ARM_UNWIND_METHOD
environment variable to 1 - it will force libunwind to use only debug_frame
unwinding. This way it won't crash at least.

proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.