[Libunwind-devel] Comparing libunwind on freebsd 7.2 and linux x86 32 OS

From: Shravan Gaonkar
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] Comparing libunwind on freebsd 7.2 and linux x86 32 OS: found a discrepancy in Gtest-resume-sig
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 08:42:26 -0700

Hi folks,
 I ran Gtest-resume-sig  in bsd 32 bit and linux 32 machine. I found
that after SIGUSR1 is interrrupted by SIGUSR2, the bsd and linux show
different behavior.
Linux actually resumes and completes the call handler by SIGUSR1 and
then goes and executes last part of the main code.
BSD 32 dies after it finishes handling the SIGUSR2 handler routine.

Now, I went ahead and deleted all code related to libunwind from the
Gtest-resume-sig and reran it on freebsd, With this change, BSD code
resumed signal handler 1 and the
execution of the remainder of the main code. So I think libunwind is
messing something up.

Did anybody else see similar behavior?

thanks
 Shravan