[Libunwind-devel] FreeBSD port

From: Konstantin Belousov
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] FreeBSD port
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:26:15 +0300

Hello,
please find at the http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/git/libunwind.git
a port of libunwind HEAD to FreeBSD i386/amd64. I think I implemented
all missing pieces, and I know that basic unwinding for both
arches works. Some testing was done on FreeBSD RELENG_8, I think it
should work the same on HEAD.

ptrace(2) interface for remote unwinding is implemented too.
Nonetheless, there is an issue with remote unwinding since FreeBSD'
ld(1) seems to generate .eh_frame_hdr in the format that current
code cannot parse.

Another issue is the lack of proper dwarf annotations for the
amd64 assembler bits in the FreeBSD system libraries. Port contains
a kludge to unwind around signal frames and syscall entries for
now.

Consider the port of the alpha quality. Comments, patches are welcomed.