[Libunwind-devel] remote unwinding and process detach?

From: Raghavendra Rao Loka
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] remote unwinding and process detach?
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 17:44:27 -0700

Hi,

 I'm trying to use libunwind to get the stack trace for a different
process (by doing a ptrace(PTRACE_ATTACH...)). And I'm doing
a ptrace(PTRACE_DETACH, ...) to let the "remote" process
continue. It works okay as long everything is normal. But I noticed
in some cases unw_init_remote fails, and  even though I do a
ptrace(PTRACE_DETACH ...) from the remote process, the remote
process still seems stuck.

 I'm wondering if I'm using the right approach, or if there is a problem
with my use of libunwind. Any help is appreciated.

   - Thanks,
    - Rao.