Re: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind ARM port

From: Daniel Jacobowitz
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind ARM port
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:21:39 -0500

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 04:25:17PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> 0.98.5 is the latest release, but it appears to be much older than the
> current GIT version... I've got some rebasing to do.

Done, as attached.  This works on ARM (including Thumb), MIPS, and
MIPS64; it does not appear to break anything on x86_64.  I cleaned up
a lot of the rough edges, including all of those outside of the ARM
and MIPS specific files.  As last time, rerun autotools after applying.

The .debug_frame support is only present for local unwinding at
present, but it could be added to the ptrace support too if someone
wants to take the effort.  I used UNW_INFO_FORMAT_TABLE for
.debug_frame; .eh_frame is UNW_INFO_FORMAT_REMOTE_TABLE.

Is the testsuite supposed to have clean results?  I ran it on x86 and
x86_64 and got 12 failures on x86, 7 on x86_64.  I didn't implement
enough ptrace / signal bits to try the testsuite on ARM or MIPS yet.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery