[libunwind] status of x86_64

From: George Lowe
Subject: [libunwind] status of x86_64
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 20:09:30 +0100 (BST)

What is the current state of support for x86_64?

I note that the most recent version is 0.98.5,
from April 2005.  If I understand correctly,
some patches for x86_64 have been proposed.
I have the following additional questions:

  What is the state of these patches?
  How are they bundled?
  Does one need to apply a series of patches,
  or have the patches been collected into one
  large patch?
  Will these patches be integrated into
  the libunwind code?
  Can the x86_64 version be built as a
  static library to be used by a program
  for introspective purposes?
  Does the x86_64 version work with statically
  linked programs?

Thanks,

George

"My Verdict: The new Yahoo! Mail is far superior..."  – The Wall Street Journal.
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html