Re: [libunwind] libunwind on HPUX ia64?

From: David Mosberger-Tang
Subject: Re: [libunwind] libunwind on HPUX ia64?
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:38:17 -0600

Hi Matthew,

It would be wonderful if libunwind worked on HP-UX as well as it
currently does on Linux, but unfortunately it isn't quite there yet.
Unless you're able to do some serious libunwind-hacking (and know
HP-UX very well), you may be better off using Unwind Express, which is
the API officially supported for HP-UX.  See, e.g.:

  http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-60105/uwx.3X.html

Unfortunately, the Unwind Express API is different from libunwind
because libunwind supports multiple platforms whereas Unwind Express
is Itanium-specific.

Hope this helps,

  --david